Sunday, August 3, 2008

Eating in Georgetown

Our last full day in DC was spent on a tourist sightseeing bus! We got a good view of most of the ciy this way while being thourrougly fried from above and whipped by overhanging branches. It was absolutely brilliant. We got of the bus in Georgetown, a very old and charming part of DC.

I shopped for a while and then we ate lunch at FIVE GUYS. This is a good american burger joint and the burger was the best I've ever had. Ivan well knows the FIVE GUYS chain from his earlier stays in the US and understood my newfound love perfectly. The employees was a bunch of cute black girls in uniforms and they all seemed very happy and friendly. The shining center of Five Guys is the Five guys MAMA. We loved her. She was in fact the mother of some of the girls and had a very motherly vibe about her.

When I tolm Mama, that we just didn't get burgers like that in Denmark she got all teary-eyed and said: "You poor thing! You come back here to Five Guys, we'll get you a burger! You hear me, y'all come back here now, we'll get you the burger!"

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I don't see no burger! :(

Anonymous said...

Ooo, I'm getting sooo hungry reading about them burgers. Well, see you soon... lunch.

Anonymous said...

jeg glæder mig mere til at læse om Ostekager.. :) spiser I ik snart nogen af dem?? ostostostostostostostostosot

Mia Irina Due said...

The burger was consumed before a picture could be taken